It's inspirational and fun. And you'll make a real impact on the lives of people living with epilepsy!
The #EpilepsyWalk is a community celebration of music, entertainment and camaraderie among friends, families, corporations, and organizations gathering to celebrate their fundraising success and demonstrate their support in the fight against epilepsy.
Walkers raise funds for research, programs, services and education. Read an inspirational from Kerri and why she walks.
Since 1968, the Epilepsy Foundation, a national non-profit with 48 affiliated organizations throughout the United States, has led the fight against seizures.
When a person has two or more unprovoked seizures, they have epilepsy. Epilepsy which affects 3.4 million people in the United States and 65 million people worldwide. This year, another 150,000 people in our country will be diagnosed with epilepsy. Despite all available treatments, four out of 10 people with epilepsy continue to experience uncontrolled seizures while many more experience less than optimal seizure control.
- 65 MILLION: Number of people around the world who have epilepsy.
- 3.4 MILLION: Number of people in the United States who have epilepsy.
- 1 IN 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some point in their lifetime.
- BETWEEN 4 AND 10 OUT OF 1,000: Number of people on earth who live with active seizures at any one time.
- 150,000: Number of new cases of epilepsy in the United States each year
- ONE-THIRD: Number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrollable seizures because no available treatment works for them.
- 6 OUT OF 10: Number of people with epilepsy where the cause is unknown.
Take steps to save lives. Register now