TEAM REQUIREMENTS & REGISTRATION:
Teams are the motivating force behind the race. Not only do our teams contribute to the event’s spirit and sense of community, but they also provide a significant source of revenue by raising funds to help find a cure for epilepsy!
Over 400 teams participated last year and we are looking forward to new teams joining us this year!
- All teams MUST have a Team Captain – The Team Captain is responsible for all team communications and organization. The person who would like to be the team captain should register first and provide the team name when prompted. Then, let your friends and family know that your team has been formed! When your friends and family register, they can register through the “join an existing team” button and will be automatically linked and added to your roster.
- Each team MUST have a team name – Select a name that best fits your group. Make it fun, personal and memorable!
- Register online or mail in your forms
It’s that easy!
- Talk to your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, church, school, local hospital, etc. now about creating a team. Schedule meetings with those interested and come up with a plan to think of ideas on how to encourage more people to participate.
- Arrange an employee presentation at work. Breakfast or lunch is a great time to tell your coworkers what the National Walk for Epilepsy is all about.
- Set up a challenge between departments or other locations. Ask your company to sponsor your team by paying the registration fee for all participants.
- Use online tools to spread the word about your team. Customize your team page, recruit team members via Facebook or start your own Twitter account and share them with your friends.
- Don’t forget to share the importance of this walk with others. It is not just a walk, it is a fundraising event which will help fund efforts in our local community and nationwide to find a cure for seizures.
Remind your team members of the importance of fundraising!
Encourage your team to contact their friends, family and coworkers to solicit donations.
Here are some tips to help you with your fundraising:
- Start asking for pledges early.
- Let your contacts know that their donations are tax deductible. The Epilepsy Foundation Tax ID is #52-0856660. Feel free to include this information on your communications.
- Set a goal and tell people what it is.
- Research your company’s matching gift program. You could double your money raised!
- Remember to thank every individual who helps you reach your goal. Let them know you appreciate them and that they’re helping make a difference.
- Email and or create a team Facebook page to provide updates to your network. Let people know how much you’ve raised and how close you are to reaching your goal
We thank you for all you do for the National Walk for Epilepsy.