About the Route
There are 2 course options, both are wheelchair accessible:
- The 5K Walk (3.1 miles) that takes you on a scenic route around the tidal basin, past the Jefferson Memorial and loops back around to the Walkers Village. There is a water stop along the way to keep you hydrated on your stroll!
- The 1 Mile Family Fun Walk loops around the Washington Monument and back to the Walkers Village. This is a perfect walk for those not wanting to do the longer distance.
Click map for full size view, or download the map.
Special Guests at the Walk
- Rick Harrison - Reality television personality, the co-owner of the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawn Shop
- Alan Faneca - Former NFL player
- Jerry Kill - Former Head Coach of University of Minnesota Golden Gophers football
- DJ Hapa - first resident DJ on the Emmy award winning KTLA Morning Show in Los Angeles
Ask the Experts
Enjoy a unique chance to ask your own questions with leading doctors and experts at the main stage during the Ask the Experts information session at 11am!
- Moderator - Sandra “Sandy” Cushner Weinstein, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology, George Washington University School of Medicine
- Nathan B. Fountain, MD - Professor of Neurology, Director, FE Dreifuss Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, University of Virginia
- William Davis Gaillard, MD - Chief of the Division of Epilepsy and Neurophysiology at Children's National
- Christi N. Heck, M.D., M.M.M. - Medical Director, USC Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
Athlete vs Epilepsy Ambassadors
- Jeff Klauk, Former PGA golfer
- Zach McGinnis, Professional swimmer
- Chanda Gunn, Bronze medal recipient 2006 Olympic Winter games
- Michael Poole, Professional triathlete
- Homer - Official Mascot of the Bethesda Big Train Summer Collegiate Baseball Team
- Washington Redskins Cheerleaders
- Gwynn Park High School Marching Band
- Left on Lincoln, official house band of the 10th Annual National Walk for Epilepsy
- Zumba Instruction courtesy of Elizabeth Mitchell, the "The Healthy Fitness Chef"
- Face Painters and Bubble Wanders presented by Just Jenny
- Margaux Roberts - National Anthem singer
- Dana Pirolli former Philadelphia Eagles cheerleader