Important Dates Concerning the Walk to End Epilepsy D.C.
- December 31: Last day to register at the Early Bird rate
- December 31: Last day to book hotel room at discount rate
- January 1, 2019: First day of Regular Registration
- January 1: Volunteers make the difference. Sign-up begins.
- March 31: Memorial Flags for the Remembrance Wall due
- March 31: Last day to register and guarantee your Walk to End Epilepsy t-shirt. No kidding!
- April 20: Online registration closes at 5 p.m. EST
- April 26: Early Walk t-shirt pick-up on the National Mall
- April 27: Walk to End Epilepsy on the National Mall at 7:00 a.m
The Walk to End Epilepsy - East Coast fundraising event is held in Washington, D.C. on the National Mall. It is an inspirational, healthy and fun community celebration of music and entertainment with friends, family, corporations and organizations celebrating their fundraising success and support for the epilepsy community. Funds raised are for much needed research, programs, services and education about epilepsy. People from nearly 50 states across North America converge on the National Mall each Spring as they take steps to end epilepsy. The Epilepsy Foundation is celebrating 50 years of programs and services supporting the epilepsy community! Join us for our 5K Walk event and celebration on April 27, 2019. Register and fundraise early!
Why We Walk?
65 MILLION: Number of people around the world who have epilepsy.
3.4 MILLION: Number of people in the United States who have epilepsy.
1 IN 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some point in their lifetime.
BETWEEN 4 AND 10 OUT OF 1,000: Number of people on earth who live with active seizures at any one time.
150,000: Number of new cases of epilepsy in the United States each year
ONE-THIRD: Number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrollable seizures because no available treatment works for them.
6 OUT OF 10: Number of people with epilepsy where the cause is unknown.